Cisco Case Study
Cisco is a worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco’s mission is to shape the future of the Internet by creating unprecedented value and opportunity for their customers, partners, shareholders, and employees.
Cisco needed a way to manage global events in a timely, cost effective and streamlined manner, as well as, increase channel partner attendance for both online and offline events. Cisco’s marketing team was having success with their US-based, one day business solutions workshops (CBSW), already supported by Webb Consulting, and wanted to expand these events globally while including additional offerings such as webinars. Therefore a solution was required that could support over 50 monthly, online webinars, seminars, and events in localized languages, with consolidated “real-time” online reporting in English. The solution needed to have template base designs for quick and easy translations and same day event rollout.
- Scale the event capabilities from 12 per month to over 50 per month.
- Expand from U.S.-only to global, local, in-language capabilities.
- Ability to schedule and communicate an event within 6 business hours.
- Standardized templates and agendas allowing for coinciding, multiple tracks.
- Standardized templates for push communications including invitations, reminders and thank you messages.
- Immediate user feedback via evaluations and session scoring.
- Calendar integration with Microsoft Outlook and other calendaring tools.
- Best-in-class security and ease of use.
- Cost-effective with 24X7 availability.
- Continuous feature development to leverage the latest technologies and web capabilities.
The Webb Consulting team offered technology, process, people, and data solutions that were low risk for Cisco as the Webb team was already experienced in running similar large, global on-line applications and hosting high-demand sites. Working as part of the Cisco Marketing team, Webb Consulting provided a cost savings benefit to Cisco by providing a comprehensive event management solutions that include:
- Localized Online Registrations
- Online & Offline Evaluation Tracking
- Calendar Integration
- Auto-generated event reminders
- Email & Subscription Management
- Secure Administrative Site
Supportive, Collaborative Operations
- Application Management
- Design Services
- Helpdesk Support
- Program Management
Application Metrics / Reporting
- Campaign / Leads Tracking
- Statistics Integration with existing PRM System
- Real-time Online Reports
Webb Consulting was elevated to Cisco Preferred Vendor Status.
“Our sales teams and channel partners require the best of everything. They rely on our events as a key source of information and connection to the Cisco team. The Webb Consulting Event Application allowed us to expand globally with consistent messages and yet give our local managers the flexibility and in- country options necessary to work in each location. We are able to instantly adjust our content by viewing feedback from our attendees and then make changes before the next event– which may be the next day! Time and time again, the Webb Consulting team has stepped up to ensure that Cisco has smooth events and stellar service.” Teddi Converse, Manager Worldwide Field Marketing.